Well, the world has survived another Witch Week. Lizzie and Chris couldn’t have done it without the help of everyone who participated:
- Laurie of Relevant Obscurity, for her terrific post about that ice-hearted Narnian witch, Jadis, not to mention her perceptive contributions to our discussion of DWJ’s Cart & Cwidder
- Sari of The View from Sari’s World, whose survey of Shakespearean villains dripped with bloody images
- Jean of Jean Lee’s World, who introduced us to one of the scariest aunts in fantasy literature
- people, too numerous to mention, who added comments and questions; Tweeted/Facebooked links to our posts; and included pingbacks, links, and reviews on their own blogs
- our readers across the globe
- and, finally, a nod of appreciation to Lory of Emerald City Book Review, who 5 years ago started this annual celebration of Diana Wynne Jones and fantasy fiction, yet willingly relinquished the chains so that Lizzie and Chris could have a turn — MANY THANKS, LORY!
For anyone who just can’t get enough, here are the links for the Witch Week Master Posts from earlier years.
- Witch Week 2018: Fantasy & Feminism
- Witch Week 2017: Dreams of Arthur
- Witch Week 2016: Made in America
- Witch Week 2015: New Tales from Old
- Witch Week 2014: Diana Wynne Jones
Thanks again to all of you for sharing this event with us, and we hope you’ll join us next year, at Lizzie’s blog, when our theme will be …
* GOTHICK *