Seeing somebody who used their popularity on social media to sell skincare products described as a skinfluencer I wondered if I could reinvent myself on the interweb thingy using a suitably catchy portmanteau term. Here are some roles I came up with.
* Someone who promotes science and the work of scientists: a boffinfluencer.
* A promoter of fair pay for key health workers and nurses: a caringfluencer.
* Somebody who seeks to persuade everybody that unknown spirit powers control the world: a djinnfluencer.
* A fanatic adherent of the theory of herd immunity: a fluinfluencer, short for ‘influenza influencer’.
* A promoter of total hedonism: what else but a sinfluencer?
* A believer in the theory that we were all separated at birth by evil behavioural scientists: a twinfluencer.
* An optimist who believes that we can all accomplish anything so long as we believe in ourselves: a winwinfluencer.
Do I have what it takes to be a trendsetter? What product should I promote? Whom should I get to sponsor me? Answers below — but first, send money.
Actually, don’t bother. I’d rather be a grinfluencer. 😁